How to crack JEE Main in 3 Months ?
1. Be determined
Say ‘See you after 3 Months’ to your mobile phone. Delete all the games, movies, videos and songs too. Take a decision that you will not take phone except for calling. Leaving your mobile phone is the most important thing to do since mobile phone sucks time the most! Perhaps you should tell your girl friend not to call frequently, if you have one.
2. Analyze your knowledge
Sit down and think of what you ‘really’ know and don’t know. Make a table of 3 columns. One column consisting of those chapters which you know and are able to solve problems. The second one consisting of those which you know the concepts but unable to solve problems, and the third, those chapters which you don’t know. You have to try solving the problems to make this table. Just don’t assume that you are able to solve problems.
3. Make a plan
For example, let’s say one will get 8 hours to study in a day. He knows 10 chapters well, and knows the concepts of another 15 chapters but is unable to solve problems. And he don’t know other 65 chapters. then, he have to spend 6 hours each day to learn the concepts and 2 hours to solve problems from those chapters he know. If he spends 4 hours on an average in learning a chapter, he would have learned 45 chapters out of 65 after the first month. After the first month, he should spend only 4 hours to learn the concepts and the rest four hours should be used to solve problems, such that he will learn all the concepts in 50 days. After the first 50 days, he have to spend 2 hours in ‘polishing’ the concepts and the rest in solving problems.
- Find time to solve 10 problems each day from each chapter you know. If you don’t have time, solve 10 problems in every 2 days. Never go beyond 3 days without solving at least 10 problems from each chapter.
- Mix up chapters that you love and that you find boring to study in a day.
- Find time to revise concepts studied in every week. Each chapter should be revised in each 8 days. Otherwise you will forget the concepts. You don’t have to spend much time in revision, just have to let your brain recall what was learned. Sometimes just turning the pages is enough.
- Don’t study a specific subject for long. Mix up subjects to study in a day to avoid boring.
- Give more time to important topics for JEE Main which covers 70% of the questions.
- Give more importance to Chemistry even if you don’t like it, since it is the easiest to score if studied. One can score 100+ in chemistry without much problem solving skills.
- Set time to solve mock test papers. Solve one mock test in a week in first month, 3 in a week in 4-10 weeks and one each (or more) in a day in last 2 weeks. Here is a list of Best JEE Main Sample Paper Books
- Set short intervals after each 1.5 hrs or 2 hrs, to refresh your brain.
4. Start smart work
- Buy some good books like HC Verma, DC Pandey etc for Physics and RD Sharma for Maths.
- Find at least 2 places where you can sit to study. Shifting between these two places will reduce the chances of getting bored.
- Do not study a subject when it is boring. Shift to another subject or chapter and after some time, come back to the same subject.
- Solve problems faster. Your speed should increase day by day.
- When answering mock tests, sit the same way you would sit in exam hall. Take full 3 hours. Do not take the exam as silly. Solve every problems even if it is simple and mark it in the OMR sheet (You can download sample OMR sheet in internet).
- Sleep for 6 hours everyday.
- Have healthy food.
- Don’t leave important topics. Keep an eye on simple chapters like EM Waves and Communication.
- Solve all the previous year questions for last 10 years and maximum mock tests.